Öhlins Racing is a Swedish company with global operations. For over 40 years we have produced advanced suspension systems for vehicles, and over the years more than 400 world championship titles have been won with the help of our technology. Since January 2019 Öhlins Racing is a subsidiary of Tenneco. Tenneco is an American enterprise which is one of the leading companies within design, manufacturing and distribution of ride performance products and technologies. Today Öhlins Racing develops and manufactures front forks, shock absorbers and steering dampers for racing and street use for motorcycles, cars and mountain bikes. Our co-workers have many different professional skills and backgrounds. What unites us is a passion for world-class innovation and technology.
You will join the Concept team which are primarily responsible for developing new suspension, vehicle chassis and control systems. We work with 2- and 4-wheel vehicles, but other technologies and vehicles might occur. In addition, we develop new technologies for our existing product platforms.
You will work towards several engineering teams and being a link between prototype purchases and Strategic purchase group who develops our volume suppliers. You are working in a cross-functional project team with experts in mechanical- and hydraulic design, supplier algorithm development, mechatronics, vehicle dynamics, purchasing, testing, production technology, etc.
As a member in the Concept engineering team, you are:
- Working in an agile manner together with the teams and other functions in the company.
- Being part of teams bringing new inventions to demo status and delivering proof of concept. You are following the Concept to industrialization and application development.
- Working with analyzing future requirements from purchase perspective, including support in supplier selection for new technologies.
- Working with cost down projects to catch cost on early prototype stage but also keeping booms etc fresh for named prototypes.
Traveling is to be expected.
Our customers and stakeholders put high demands on our innovative abilities creating true added value. Efficiently manage projects and deliver the desired result within time and budget. This means that you must have an “just do it” competence at the same time as you have a strategic view of the purchase work in order to deliver demanded products in time.
• Education based on Engineering, preferably with a mechanic and mechatronic background or equivalent. A great interest in technology, manufacturing and a good understanding of technical contexts is required.
• A few years’ experience of working as a purchaser or mechanical engineer in product development projects in a manufacturing industry.
• We operate in an international environment, which means that in addition to being able to express oneself well in Swedish, both oral and writing, good knowledge of English is a requirement.
• Having good overview over manufacturing abilities, new technologies, market leader suppliers.
We put a high focus on your personality. You are/have:
- Self-motivated and target focused.
- Natural ability to structure and control your tasks.
- Responsible and have ability to raise and finish initiatives.
- Very good cooperation skills and used to working cross-functionally.
- Like to work in a semi-agile/Lean environment.
- Commercially driven
Psychometrics may be applied.