Öhlins Racing is a Swedish company with global operations. For over 40 years we have produced advanced suspension systems for vehicles, and over the years more than 400 world championship titles have been won with the help of our technology. Since January 2019 Öhlins Racing is a subsidiary of Tenneco. Tenneco is an American enterprise which is one of the leading companies within design, manufacturing and distribution of ride performance products and technologies. Today Öhlins Racing develops and manufactures front forks, shock absorbers and steering dampers for racing and street use for motorcycles, cars and mountain bikes. Our co-workers have many different professional skills and backgrounds. What unites us is a passion for world-class innovation and technology.
Öhlins is now looking for a Concept Development Engineer, with mechanical and mechatronic HW skills
We are looking for an Engineer who wants to be part of developing concept products and creating the future suspension systems and thereby helping our customers ride faster, safer, connected and in more comfort. The team consists of 8 dedicated engineers and technicians. We are now looking for a Concept Development Engineer who can strengthen our team within the Concept team at Öhlins' head quarter in Upplands Väsby.
In the role as Concept Development Engineer you will report directly to the Concept and MTB Racing Director. If you want to work in a global and class leading company with possibilities to form our process, products, strategies etc. this is the job for you.
The Concept team is primarily responsible for developing new suspension and vehicle chassis control systems. We work with 2- and 4-wheel vehicles but other technologies and vehicles might occur. In addition, we develop new technologies for our existing product platforms.
As a member in the Concept engineering team you are:
- Working in an agile manner together with the team and other functions in the company.
- Being part of a team bringing new inventions to demo status and delivering proof of concept. You are following the Concept to industrialization and application development.
- Working with analyzing future requirements, including support in supplier selection for new technologies.
- Working with benchmark activities
- Are working in a cross-functional project team with experts in mechanical- and hydraulic design, algorithm development, mechatronics, vehicle dynamics, purchasing, testing, production technology, etc.
The position will be placed at the office in Upplands Väsby. Our team works mainly on our site but work is also permitted from home locations when it is applicable. Travelling in service is to be expected.
Our customers and stakeholders put high demands on our innovative abilities creating true added value. Efficiently manage projects and deliver the desired result within time and budget. This means that you must have an “just do it” competence at the same time as you have a strategic view of the concept work in order to deliver demanded technologies in time.
• Master of Science in Engineering, preferably with a mechatronic background or equivalent. A great interest in technology and a good understanding of technical contexts is required.
• A few years’ experience of working as a design or mechatronic engineer in product development projects in a manufacturing industry.
• We operate in an international environment, which means that in addition to being able to express oneself well in Swedish, both spoken and writing, good knowledge of English is also a requirement.
• Experience from the vehicle industry mechanically and electronically with focus on vehicle performances and rider experiences.
We put a high focus on your personality. You are/have:
- Self-motivated and target focused.
- Natural ability to structure and control your tasks.
- Responsible and have ability to raise and finish initiatives.
- Very good cooperation skills and used to working cross-functionally.
- Like to work in a semi-agile/Lean environment.
- Commercially driven
As the majority of the employees at Öhlins are men, we welcome female applicants.
The recruitment and selection process are ongoing. Please notice that the position can be filled before the last application date.
If you want more information about the opportunity, you can contact:
Torkel Sintorn, Director MTB Racing and Concept development
Telephone: 070-633 933 32