Based at our office in Hendersonville, NC, you will work hard to ensure the Öhlins brand and our Clients are in alignment. You will build a strong relationship and positive feeling about Öhlins with our Clients and their team(s).
In this position, you report to the Manager-Automotive.
Main responsibility, Actions & Duties:
- Operate a Seven-Post Shake Rig
- Analyze shake rig results with Matlab
- Present results to the customer using Matlab graphs and Excel
- Explain the results to customers with varying degree of vehicle dynamic knowledge
- Perform Shake Rig maintenance and repairs
- Basic electronics repair and trouble shooting
- Service and maintenance of complex hydraulic test equipment
- Basic, machining, welding soldering etc.
- No or minimal travel to begin with, but could potentially lead to some traveling in the future for track support etc.
Experience & General Qualification
We are looking for a flexible and hands-on person, who can easily adapt to a high-energy team.You are committed and able to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.We feel that a successful candidate is detailed and organized with good communication skills.
Essential skills and experience
- Matlab, preferably with signal processing toolbox or similar and GUI’s
- Computer proficient (Primarily Excel and the rest of the MS Office suite)
- Good analytical skills
- Willingness and ability to learn
- Excellent attention to details, organization and communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain Client relations
- Self-motivated and driven, with a positive attitude
- Available to work odd hours during testing—weekends and/or long days if occasionally required.
Desired skills and experience
- CAD experience preferably NX and Team Center
- MTS Flextest and RPC Pro
- Vehicle dynamics engineering and analysis
- Racing experience or previous experience with suspension engineering
- Signal processing and analysis
- Understanding of ERP systems preferably IFS
Apply or contact us for further information
We look forward to receiving your application, resume and relevant certificates by email (marked Vehicle Dynamics Rig Test Engineer/Operator) to HR@OhlinsUSA.com.